For the Bright Futures program please let us know how many hours you are responsible for. 75-100 hours are the average length of time that students volunteer for at our organization. Anyone above the age of 16 can volunteer at our organization. The only thing that we ask of you, is that you come ready & prepared for light physical labor. We recommend that you arrive ready to start volunteering, Monday – Saturday 10 A.M. – 4 P.M. (business hours differ). All that you have to do is come into the office and fill out your volunteer time sheet. If you are a minor under the age of 16 you can volunteer as well! We just ask that your parent/guardian is present during the hours that you are here.
For more information directly from The Bright Futures Scholarship & Grant Program click here
“The Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program establishes three lottery-funded scholarships to reward Florida high school graduates for high academic achievement.” – Per The Bright Futures Scholarship and Grant Program website
TFO Rules & Regulations
- No stealing or pilfering. You may not pick through the donations. If you would like to purchase items they must be priced and on display in our store. Simply bring the items to the register after you have signed out for the day. You do not receive a discount for volunteering. DO NOT ASK CINDY FOR A DISCOUNT. If you are having financial difficulties; speak to Brooke about making an appointment in the resource center.
- No cursing, or carrying on inappropriate conversations in the store or on T.F.O. Property. We are a Christian organization. This type of behavior is not tolerated.
- Respect yourself, others, and T.F.O.’s Property.
- Cellular devices, MP3 players, and tablets are not permitted. You may NOT listen to your own music while volunteering. Please leave them in your car or you may place these items in the filing cabinet by the door inside the office. The Forgotten Ones, Inc. will not be held responsible for lost or stolen items. If you are caught with electronic devices on you (including cellular phones). Your hours will be deducted for the entire day, and you will be asked to leave. This is your only warning.
- You are permitted a 30 Minute lunch break once you have volunteered for 4 hours each day that you are here. This 30 minute break will not count as time served here at T.F.O.
- If you are under 18 you are not permitted to leave The Forgotten One’s Property unless you have your parent(s) or guardian(s) permission. You must have them write a permission to leave letter, which has to be signed and dated by your parent or guardian.
- No Smoking if you are under 18! If you are of age you must smoke off of T.F.O. Property. You also must get all breaks approved by Cindy or Chad.
- Ask all customers if they need help finding anything, if you don’t know where it is ASK! Make sure to greet everyone that you see. Be friendly and upbeat.
- You must check in and out as well as have a Manager/Director sign your time sheet (Cindy, Brooke, Angela or Chad ONLY). If you do not; your hours will not be accounted for. This is your only warning
- You (or your parents) are not permitted to forge any of our staff member’s signatures on your time sheets. If you are caught doing this appropriate measures will be put into effect.
- If you are asked to leave for insubordination; your hours for the entire day will not be accounted for.
- You are NOT permitted to have a copy of this time sheet. T.F.O. reports your hours weekly, or staff fills out and signs the time sheets provided to you by your School.
- Shorts and Skirts must be worn 3 inches past your fingertips.
- No low cut shirts that reveal your midriff.
- No clothing with inappropriate sayings, slang, or cursing.
- Closed toe shoes must be worn at all times.
- No tight fitting clothing
- No A-Shirts, Under shirts, or Tank-tops