What kind of food pantry does your agency operate?
We have an emergency food pantry for those in need. We work with indivialus daily through the resource office. It also helps with individuals we are working with on a one to one basis. We also give away a bag of groceries per family at the LSOM event which occurs on the last Saturday of every month. We always appreciate donations to help keep the pantry full so we always have food for those in need!
What else do you provide?
Free bread and pastries are donated by our local Panera Bakery, Publix Supermarkets, Entenmann’s Bakery, and other merchants. These goods are available to those in need on a walk-in basis in our thrift store during business hours every day of the week.
Who donates to your food pantry?
We receive food donations from local churches, individuals, and businesses. Our agency also conducts food drives at designated times during the year called “Care If You CAN” to collect canned goods with community partners and local churches. Food drive donations for our emergency food pantry have come from the following donors:
- First Baptist Church of Oviedo
- Antioch Baptist Church
- The Master’s Academy
- Oviedo Fall Meet & Greet and Food Drive
- First Baptist Church of Oviedo Awana Club
- First Baptist Church of Oviedo Band of Brothers
- First Baptist Church of Oviedo Friendship Class
- First United Methodist Church, Oviedo
- City of Oviedo Fire Department and City of Oviedo
- USPS Oviedo and Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- Most Precious Blood Catholic Church
- Dollar General Oviedo
- UDR Property Management – Alafaya Woods – Oviedo