The Forgotten Ones, Inc. is pleased to participate and support the mission The Oviedo Citizens in Action, Inc. in partnership with the City of Oviedo who present the 2015 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration, “Nobody can do everything but everyone can do something!” ~ MLK, JR
Join us in 2015 by performing “Random Acts of Kindness” by helping serve others in our community. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “Life’s most persistent and urgent questions is: “What are you doing for others?”
Through our community giving, we perform “Random Acts of Kindness” by using the resources donated by people like you to help others, and give back to our community. By sharing what we have, we hope to make a positive impact in the lives of others and share the simple blessings that we have received.
For simple ideas on what you can do to help a friend, neighbor, loved one, or anyone in our community, visit the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation website.
By engaging our volunteers and staff we provide international ministry relief to Haiti and Africa. We donate gently used clothing, shoes, household items, games, toys, and other needed items from our Thrift Store to families in these communities recovering from disaster.
During 2014, our agency partnered with The Master’s Academy to provide clothing for impoverished families in needy areas of Costa Rica. We also provided humanitarian relief for families in El Salvador by supplying basic needs of clothing, shoes, and hygiene products. In 2013, as part of our ministry relief efforts with other churches, we provided refurbished computers, clothing, and shoes for local congregations in Mexico.
Here is one of our many ministry relief stories we would like to share. In March 2014, we were contacted by Pastor Arezoo Ebnahmady of the Love Each Other Bible Church in Benin City, Nigeria. The pastor said in his letter “We are blessed with children.” The purpose of the church is to proclaim the gospel of Jesus and help homeless and motherless children in rural villages. Pastor Ebnahmady also requested 19 large print bibles for “precious Souls in need” as the church is committed to preaching the undiluted word of God. Our agency donated 15 large bags of clothing, 1 large bag of shoes, 20 large print Bibles, and 35 stuffed animals for the children. The donated items were used to help the children and the free bibles were given to those who are serving the Lord with all their mind. Our final thought from Pastor Ebnahmady “The word of God are clearly teaching us about “Love Each Other”, Jesus commanded this: That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:12.”
2014 Community Giving
During 2014, The Forgotten Ones, Inc. served a total of 1,606 people in need free groceries through our LSOM Events (hyperlink to LSOM page). Of these 1,606 people served, 362 were residents of the City of Oviedo; 787 were residents of Seminole County; and 446 were residents of Orange County; and 11 were residents of other counties. We also provided 180 people in need with free haircuts and 1,033 people in need with free lunches.
- Donated free groceries to 289 people in need at our 7th Annual Christmas Luncheon on December 20th, 2014
- Donated free groceries to 232 people in need at our 7th Annual Thanksgiving Luncheon on November 26, 2014
- Donated food drive boxes and cases of bottled water with Oviedo Fall Meet & Greet and Food Drive for Walker, Evans, and Winter Springs Elementary Schools, Seminole County, FL.
- Assisted Orange County Public Schools with the distribution and donation of surplus Accelerated Reader books for grades K-5 to Seminole County Public Schools, Oviedo, FL.
- Donated 20 new sports shirts to Girl’s Top Gun Softball, Oviedo, FL.
- Donated educational board games for Autism Spectrum Disorder Classroom at Lake Howell High School, Winter Park, FL
- Donated 5 soccer balls for Girls Varsity Soccer Team at Lake Howell High School, Winter Park, FL
- Donated school supplies for Autism Spectrum Disorder Classroom at Lake Howell High School, Winter Park, FL
- Donated a portable crib for newborn for family in need to ImPower Florida, Sanford, FL
- Donated dress shoes for people going on job interview for Henkel’s & McCoy Youth Workforce Experience Program, Oviedo, FL
- Donated clothing to Pastor Bill at His Healing Hands Ministries, Orlando, FL
- Donated clothing for people in need to Helping Hand at East Point Community Church, Oviedo, FL
- Donated eyeglasses for 6 families at Washington Shores Elementary School through Prevent Blindness Florida
- Donated 50 personal care kits, baby food, pampers, baby bottles, baby formula, feminine hygiene products, car seat with baby stroller for women and infants to the WRCC – Coalition for The Homeless of The Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- Donated clothing and eyeglasses to Pastor David Sutton for homeless outreach, Orlando, FL
- Donated clothing for 5 families to Boystown of Central Florida, Oviedo, FL
- Donated 11 pairs of new boy scout shorts to Oviedo Boy Scout Troop #608, Oviedo, FL
- Donated clothing, blankets, linens, and 50 personal care kits for women and children for ministry relief in Mexico to Beautiful Feet International, Inc., Debary, FL.
- Donated 10 cases of Glucerna for Diabetic Patients to Amana Medical Center, Oviedo, FL
- Donated 10 bags of Halloween candy to Logan’s Roadhouse, Oviedo, FL
- Donated portable foods for backpacks for Homeless Students to Evans Elementary School, Oviedo, FL
- Donated portable foods for backpacks for homeless students to Winter Springs Elementary School, Winter Springs, FL.
- Donated surplus personal care items to Assisted Living for Seniors to Savannah Court of Oviedo, Oviedo, FL.
- Donated surplus items from our emergency food pantry for Field Day and Water Day Evans Elementary School, Oviedo, FL.
2013 Community Giving
During 2013, The Forgotten Ones, Inc. served a total of 378 clients in our community with needed services including obtaining identification, emergency food, monetary assistance, rental assistance, transportation assistance, employment assistance, mailing letters, and donations of clothing, shoes, household items, and furniture from our Thrift Store. All clients have a completed intake and case plan. Services are provided in our Resource Center. The total direct costs for program services was $8, 676.00 (2013 990-EZ).
- Donated shoes for children to assist with ministry relief for Ukraine Orphan Camps.
- Donated furniture, household goods, clothing, and shoes from our Thrift Store for 8 families with Seminole County School-Age Children enrolled in Families in Transition (FIT) through Seminole County Public Schools.
- Donated Art Supplies for the Arts & Communications Department for OHS Art Student Projects to Oviedo High School.